When I picked Kaylie up from daycare today they told me that she was on her 3rd outfit change for the day. The 1st set was the subject of a massive blowout. This never surprises me because we very rarely pick her up wearing the same outfit. She doesn't go often but when she does she does it right! The 2nd outfit was subject to a unexplained throw up. They were convinced she gagged herself with the cookie. I am convinced she choked. As they told me what had happened I couldn't help but laugh. This just goes to show I am not a crazy mom who is scared of their child choking. Their has been many times when I have felt as if they were pushing me to allow them to give her the food they were giving the other kids. They could not understand why I did not want it because she was grabbing for the other kids food. Now they now. I don't think they will ask me about it again. Hopefully when we come back in August we can show off our eating skills.
Today we met with the dietitian. Jason and I have been a little concerned because her illness has really affected her eating and with her already losing weight we knew we needed to get her eating fast. The dietitian weighed her and yet again she has lost weight. To give you an idea of why we are concerned here are a list of her weights.
2/1 - 11 lbs 4 oz
2/25 - 12 lbs
4/19 - 12lbs 15 oz
5/1 - 13 lbs 11 oz (wow...we almost gained a pound in less than 2 weeks)
5/9 - 13 lbs 9 oz (starting to crawl)
5/16 - 13 lbs 6 oz (crawling even more)
5/21 - 13lbs 10 oz (Woo Hoo...starting to gain/1 year appt)
5/29 - 13 lbs 7 oz (Doh! crawling everywhere...really figured this thing out. Likes mobility)
6/3 - 13 lbs 4 oz (We are going in the wrong direction. Since she has been sick she is refusing to eat. Thurs she ate 15 oz, Fri. 16 oz, Sat. 15 oz etc.)
In 5 months she has gained 2 lbs. I wish I could say the same for myself! I think the two of us need to switch roles.
Here is our new feeding plan. We are going to add more formula to her bottle increasing the calories. We will do this for a week and see if she can handle it. After that we are going to add canola oil/olive oil to her solids. If she decides she does not like this we will add benecalories which is a good source of calories to her food. She wants Kaylie to drink a minimum of 24 oz. a day. That is the amount she needs to get all of her nutrients and vitamins. We will also be monitored by the dietitian on a monthly basis.
The other thing we are planning on doing is seeing the GI doctor. He will also help us figure out what else we need to do and if their is a concern other than just not wanting to eat. I need to talk with her pulmonologist and figure out if the Advair is upsetting her stomach. I have kind of thought that but have forgotten to ask. I am not sure how they will now that. The correlation is not really their. The one good thing is that she refused to eat for daycare today. I know that sounds silly but yesterday was her first day back in awhile and she ate so well. I was worried it was just me. Today she refused to open her mouth for them as well. Phew! I now feel better. I thought I was going to have to keep her in daycare over the summer just so she would eat. =/
Tomorrow I have to call her pediatrician back and give him an update on what the dietitian said. From their they will decide if they feel the need to try and get her GI appt. to this week. With her losing more weight I am not sure but most likely it will not be until Wednesday. I do not think much will change between now and Wednesday. They did mention bringing her in tomorrow for a weight check to be consistent with their scales. I think I may do this just to make sure today's weight was accurate.
上 蒼い子 777527-蒼い子
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment