The bad...Usually we pick up the dog food. Today we didn't. Fill in the blanks for yourself. The worst part was that when I saw her I freaked out. Usually I am calm, cool, and collective. Not this time. We had had conversations before about how a child has died by choking on dog food and for some reason this has freaked me out so when she did it I ran over, knocked the piece out of her hand and dug in her mouth for the one I could tell she was sucking on. The wonderful mom I am I ended up pushing the piece further back. I want to think this is the reason she was able to swallow it. Yah right! Definitely not one of my greatest moments in history. Praise God, she did not choke!
After that magnificent moment I feared the rest of our day would be filled with bloopers to be recorded on my blog. Thankfully, the rest of the day went off with flying colors.
The first thing we did was go to a Strollerfit class. Strollerfit is a wonderful way for a mom to work out without feeling guilt over leaving their baby. The babies sit in their strollers while we do cardio and strength training all over the mall. Needless to say months of doing nothing really showed. It kicked my hinney! Even though I am exhausted I feel good. I have been needing to do something for myself. It helps Kaylie enjoys people watching while chilling in her stroller.
Right after stroller fit we changed into our swimsuits and went to our first swimming lesson. This is a parent and baby class. The main objective of this class is to help get the baby used to being in the water. The bad thing was that the water was very cold making Kaylie not to excited to be in it. Very rarely does she cling to me but today I couldn't peel her off. She let me take her in the water but I had to hold onto her super tight. After about 15 minutes in I started to slowly lower us deeper into the water without her catching on. By the end of the class she was actually pushing away from me. Success!
The rest of the day was spent sleeping and playing. The mornings activities wiped her out. Overall, it was a great day!
(Once I get pictures of todays swim I will post them. I should get them in the next day or two)
This is the swimsuit cover up that mommy got me. It matches my swimsuit.
Why can't I gain any weight?

1 comment:
What a fun day! Good for you for starting stroller fit. I can't wait to get Claire in the water, too! Miss you!
Post a Comment