For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Deep Breath!

When school starts Kaylie will most likely be moved up to young toddler two at daycare. In this room she will go outside and is surrounded by walkers requiring her to wear shoes. Since it has been awhile since I have put shoes on her I decided I might want to think about getting her used to wearing them a little bit at a time. It was a good thing. The minute I put them on her feet she lost it. Just trying to get them on to see if they fit was an ordeal. The shoes I ended up picking were adorable but completely against every thing I ever said I would do. I swore I would never spend more than a few dollars on a pair of shoes that she would grow out of in no time. That went out the door very quickly as I purchased her first pair of baby Puma's. It has been hard to find shoes so when I found a pair that she could not pull of with one pull I bought them. The good thing is she has room to grow in them. In case you are wondering it goes newborn than 1's. Newborns are too small and the majority of 1's are too big.

This was right after I put them on her. She was angry at me! This picture does not do her anger justice!

This is her very sad attempt to pull them off. She has noticed the Velcro and has started to pull at it. One day I will have a shoe thrown at my head from the back.

She finally gave in. After we got home she started screaming. The minute I took her shoes off she stopped crying, picked her shoes up, and threw them on the floor. I think the jury is still out on this things! The good thing...she thought they were quit tasty!

Yesterday morning we decided to try out story time for the first time. The entire 30 minutes is child centered. We sing, read books, and learn new signs to put to words. Kaylie loved people watching and actually sat and listened for a few minutes.

The things we do for our children. The best thing is that you do not realize how much you will enjoy it until you do it. I never thought I would be able to let go my insecurities to jump all around and act like a complete and total fool around people I don't know just to see my baby smile. It is an awesome feeling

I put this picture on because I think is show cases her shoes. Shoes change the look of a baby. I know that sounds stupid but I see her and think how much more grown up she looks. The other reason I put the picture up is in memory of the white bow. The white bow went MIA immediately following story time. We needed a moment to reflect back on all the good times and pictures we had with it.

This outfit is one of my new favorites. On the front it says "What does the pig say?" The reason I like it is because of the back. The first time I walked into her room while she was napping her baby booty was sticking up in t he air with the tail shooting straight up. It was hard not to bust out laughing. To get this picture I resorted to a BMM. My bad mommy moment was came when I realized I could not publish my post without a picture of what I had observed awhile back. knowing I would possibly be waking her up I decided the positives out weighed the negatives. In the end my instincts came true and I freaked her out so bad she would not go back to sleep until I rocked her to sleep. Oops!

Yesterday we went to see her pulmonologist. We have been once before but were not able to see this doctor due to the urgency of our visit. When we went in May we just needed to see someone. This visit went well. He confirmed that she does have chronic lung and because of this she will most likely qualify for RSV shots this next cold and flu season. Thank goodness!!!! The shots are 1700 a shot and insurance will only pay for one year if you do not have chronic lung. Even though I do not want her to have chronic lung I do want her to have the shots. The shots kept us from being in the hospital over Christmas.

After 45 minutes (which I couldn't believe he gave me that much time) of talking with him he told me his concerns. His concerns are the same as the GI doctors. He adjusted her meds, added some new meds, and sent us for a chest x-ray to get a baseline for future upper respiratory issues. Even though I am now very over whelmed by all of the information I have gotten in the past few days I would have to say this was a good appointment. At this point I feel like everyone is working together to figure out the puzzle that is Kaylie. All of her doctors specialize in pediatrics and actually know each other. It is always a good feeling when you mention one of them and the other says something good about them.

Please continue to pray that she will eat like the little piggy on her outfit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try Robeez shoes, they cannot take them off! Target has an "off brand" of them.

Hannah