For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter 2008

On Saturday we went to our neighbor's house for an Easter egg hunt. She
did not care too much about the eggs. To make the best of it I decided to take
advantage of the situation and got her to pose for pictures.



Since I gained some weight I have tried to avoid the camera.
This is one of the first pictures in a long time that I actually like.


Kaylie's basket was Eeyore. I chose this for her knowing that
this may be the only time I get to pick out what I like. The
funny thing is, Eeyore is almost as big as her when she is sitting down.


When we sat her down on the grass she had a field day. Having two
dogs tends to keep Kaylie out of our back yard. Even though we pick
up after them it still grosses me out to think she may put
something in her mouth that doesn't belong. She sat their
and entertained herself by picking grass. It was adorable.

This was hunt #2. We went to a friend's house for their son's 2nd birthday
and they decided to have an egg hunt as well. This time she tried
to eat the egg. Yet again, another photo op.

I had decided to not to go crazy for her first Easter. At the last
minute I broke down and got her a few toys and some finger snacks.

She has been able to stand with assistance for awhile but this was her first time to stand by herself. She didn't even do the little dance that she did to keep herself up. She is so proud of herself.


1st Easter outfit

1st Easter bib

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fabulous picture of you and Kaylie! Isn't Easter fun with kids? You'll love it even more next year when she's dragging her Easter basket around hunting for eggs.