For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hiking

Little miss has a thing for wanting to go on a hike. She started asking when it was in the teens outside and hasn't really stopped. With the weather being nice we decided to surprise her with a "hike" or long walk through the grounds of the Heard museum. All said and done we walked a good 2 miles. We went through two of the trails we had not been on and spent a lot of time walking on a bridge over some marshy water. I am not going to lie...I tried hard to stay positive but the minute I let my mind go I envisioned her and I falling in. The bridge was big enough but I saw one of us tripping over a board and going over the ropes into the yucky water. Thankfully we finished our hike nice and dry. The trails were definitely the perfect length. By the end she was pretty much done. Any longer we would have had to carry her.

Some of the Animal Ambassadors. The deer in front was new and quit scared. The asked everyone to stay quiet until he had a chance to get used to his new surroundings.

No comments: