For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow day #2

With the temps not going anywhere near the above freezing line school was cancelled for the second day in a row. The roads were still solid ice and their was no way we were going anywhere. Since we were all going stir crazy we decided to take advantage of the 2 inches of solid ice we had on our driveway. With the help of a laundry basket and pool raft we enjoyed sledding down the driveway. This was a first for Kaylie and she took to it quickly. She wanted to go in the basket but even attempted to sit on the float. That only lasted a few minutes but she tried. Towards the end we even got daddy to go down. Even though he wasn't too excited about it he was a great sport and went down. The best part for me was how much fun Kaylie had. The entire time she slid down she yelled weeeeeeeeeeee...and woo hoooooooooooo!!! She didn't want to go in.

The ice wasn't too slippery until you got to the very end of the driveway. We would have to grab their hands and help them past the worst part. Once everyone had finished their last run I went to get Kaylie and of course slipped on the ice I had been so careful to walk on. I started completely flailing, nice camera in hand and thankfully was able to catch myself on the laundry basket before completely taking out my daughter as well as smashing my camera. It was one of those moments where time stood still as everyone watched what was about to happen. I am thankful for the ability to balance.

No comments: