For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Potty training

Now that we are officially snowed in for yet another day we figured it was time. Since I had no more reasons why we shouldn't potty trained we made the decision to spend the entire day in the bathroom...seriously!!! From the time we woke up until the time we went to bed we were in the bathroom. The only exception came when she had just gone. Then we would take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to play. What I didn't know is playing made her need to go faster. That was were are only accident from the day came from. Aside from that our first day of training was great. We had food, drinks, chair for me, books, and movies. Thankfully she was happy. She really seemed to want it and was so incredibly cooperative. Considering how much I dreaded this process I was grateful for how it went.

Day 2: (2/4) This day was painful. Another day at home and I was not excited about continuing with this process. We woke up to a full 6 inches of beautiful snow on top of the 2 inches of ice we already had. We started in the bathroom but was rudely interrupted by a mouse that decided it wanted to be in our house to escape the warmth. That immediately caused us to pull out the little potty and move to alternative locations. Not being in the same state of mind as I was the day before we ended up letting her play more. This caused 3 out of 4 accidents. Thinking we were in for it we would talk to her about what needed to happen when she started to go. Whatever that meant to her apparently worked because the next day we went out for the first time and even though we stopped at a bathroom easily 7+ times she was accident free the entire day. Thankfully she was starting to cross her legs and hold herself giving us a few minutes notices to get her to the potty. Superbowl Sunday: one accident of #2 - After that she has done great.

As of today (3/9) she has done excellent. We are surprisingly night time potty trained. She did this all on her own. She will actually wake up on her own, go potty and immediately go to bed. She didn't care about being wet when she was in her diaper but now that she is trained she gets so excited every morning to see the design on her pull up is still there. I could probably do without pull ups but their is something about knowing your child isn't wetting the bed. I figure the first time we go without one she will wet the bed. The only thing we are struggling with is #2. She can do it and did a great job for awhile but now tries to not go. We started out with toys and rewards that she really wanted. That is no longer working so I think we are going to have to try a plan b. Pretty sure the difference is made depending on how much Miralax has been given.

No comments: