For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, February 14, 2011

School Essembly

At the end of every month Kaylie's school has an assembly where several of the classes come together to perform the songs they have been learning throughout the school year. They do the Pledge of Allegiance, Pledge to the Texas flag, days of the week song, Months of the year, as well as the weather song. They also got to perform several of their different movement songs.

Since parents were welcome to attend I went to see Little Miss perform holding my breath in fear of a complete shut down. Being that she likes to prove me wrong I shouldn't have been surprised at how awesome she did. At first I tried to hide and not let her see me. This didn't last long because I look up and see this finger pointing in my direction with my child yelling, "There she is!" She was so happy to see me. During each song she performed all the movements and sang so long I could hear her over everyone. She was belting it!!!

My favorite part of the entire performance was when she decided it was important enough to stop what she was doing to yell to me that she was tired. I tried to ignore it at first but after the second or third time I acknowledged it and she went right back to singing.

No comments: