For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 13, 2011

ICE exhibit

After lunch we surprised Grandma Chris by taking her to see the Charlie Brown themed ice exhibit. Each year they choose a different them and spend months creating an exhibit for everyone to view from November to January. Jason and I went last year for the first time to see the Grinch. In my opinion Charlie Brown was so much better. The details were perfect. They didn't leave anything out. Everything is made out of ice...everything!!! To our surprise even Kaylie loved it. I worried she wouldn't put the jacket on but she did great. She got the smallest jacket they had and as you can imagine...it was huge. The entire time she held on to Jason. As she snuggled into him she would tell him things she noticed about the exhibit. You could tell she took everything in and enjoyed being there. Towards the end she would point to things and even ask me to take a picture of the things she liked. At the end of the exhibit you can go down an ice slide. Jason and I did it last year so we were ok passing on it this year. We will do it again when Kaylie is old enough and actually wants to go down it.

Pointing out Charlie Brown.

This was the picture she wanted me to take. She loves Snoopy.

I love Linus and his blanket. One of my favorite characters.

We tried to get Kaylie to walk through Snoopy's house but she refused. Jason tried to take her and she started to freak out so we decided not to push it.


The last scene before the slides. All of the characters in a circle singing. Very well done!

At the end with a smile on her face. Shocked at how happy she was.

This girl loves her some trains!

Choo Choo...

First year she agreed to wear gloves. She liked them so much she didn't want to take them off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for taking me. I had such a grand time and your pictures really show it. It was fabulous. Grandma