For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A time for giving

After volunteering for Operation Christmas Child and seeing how much fun Kaylie had we decided to go as a family to buy stuff to make our own boxes to bring as well. We ended up making 6 boxes. 4 girls and 2 boys between the ages of 5 to 9. Since the boxes are going to children in foreign countries we provided several different types of things. Hygiene, hair needs, and toys were some of the major things. Other things we added were shoes, socks, and school supplies. It is amazing how much you can get at the dollar store. All said and done our boxes were packed to the top and covered in stickers for decorations. We plan to make this a family tradition.





Boxes before I found more the next day.


Day 2...We were short one box so I went to anther dollar store. While I was their I found a few more things to add to the boxes. Kaylie also got to decorate each box with her favorite stickers. She loved picking with ones she wanted to go onto each box.


No comments: