With it being summer time I decided to help teach a 3rd and 4th graders during VBS. It felt like I was teaching all over again. Even though it was only a half day thing I was exhausted by the end of the day. Teaching with my good friend Janet we were blessed to have over 20 kids in our class. On the last day I felt like I was saying good bye to my kids like I would at the end of the school year. Silly...I know!!!
The best part about all of this was that being a teacher allowed Kaylie to participate. Another plus to being a preemie was that this allowed her to be with the 3 year olds as well. They had different centers and traveled around learning all about God's love. She was blessed with two amazing teachers, Ms. Sharon and Ms. Merl that I know on a personal level making it even more special knowing I was leaving her in good hands. After class she would come home and recite her bible verse. The one she still remembers is "I am wonderfully made." They shortened it to make it manageable for the little ones. By the end of the week we were exhausted but a good exhausted. Definitely a great first VBS experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment