For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 22, 2011

On the farm

The first full day in Wisconsin we decided to take the kids to an apple picking farm about an hour away so we could have apples to enjoy for the week.  I have always wanted to do something like this and I was not disappointed.  We picked several types one of which was special to the area and it was delicious.  We had our fill of caramel apples, apple desserts, and apple cookies.  We definitely left there fat full and happy.  The farm was open and the kids loved running around. 













We were able to talk the owner of the farm into giving us a hay ride.  He was more than happy to and gave us a lot of information about the history of the farm and how the planting and picking of apples has evolved over the years.


Once we finished with the apples we drove down the path to pick raspberries.  Kaylie really enjoyed this part because I love raspberries and she picked a bunch for me to have.  That night I definitely enjoyed them in a hot, warm raspberry crumble. 



She was so excited to show me what she had picked she ran around yelling for me until she found me.  Made me feel super special.




Afterwards we went to a local meat market to get food for the week as well as to enjoy an outside picnic lunch.  Kaylie and I were quit entertained with the statues and signs they had here.




Our last stop was to get vegetables at a farmers market while the kids played on a play scape and ran through both corn mazes...one for kids and one for adults.



She was trying to get daddy to go where she wanted him to go.  It actually got us to the exit.


No comments: