For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 24, 2010

A little bit of everything

Day 6 was full...seriously full! We made sure to wake up super early so we could get to the Magic Kingdom to ride a few of the things we didn't get to the day before. We got there by 8 and left by 12ish. It is amazing how much you can do in such a short amount of time when the waits are pretty much down to nothing.



For our first ride of the morning we decided to add a little thrill to our day. Since Kaylie could not ride this we did the parent share method. I went through the line (which was only 10 minutes) and Jason stayed with Kaylie. When I finished I gave him a ticket and he was able to walk through the handicap line and pretty much walk on. Awesome.


Crazy thing...As I walked through all the areas the cue line went it depressed me to think I have at one time stood in that ridiculously crazy line before. Since the line wasn't long they didn't make us go through it all but it was a little scary to see how many people could have been in these lines. Again...another plug for visiting in the off season. Highly recommend!

Apparently, the others on my train felt this ride was scarier than me. I was the only one with my hands up. Poor sports...scarredy cats...or just needing a diet coke to wake up? Hmm...My vote is the Diet Coke.

Jason's group had a few more participants. Must be the extra 20 minutes it took from his turn to mine. If you look he is riding in the front of the last car.

From the mouth of Kaylie..."Hi DADDDDYYYYYY!!!!!!!" She enjoyed seeing him come out of the tunnel.
Ecstatic daddy came back safely. For a brief second she was a little concerned. I think she might be calling her stroller right now.
"Hi Mommy" At least I wasn't forgotten about.

Brown dog waited patiently in her stroller so she gave him a kiss for being a good doggy. This was the days animal of choice.

Magic carpet ride...Even though Kaylie is cut out of the picture I thought it was precious. This was another one where it would go up and down in the air.

She was very happy flying until...

The silly brass camel that sat on the side of the ride surprised us with a shot of water. As you can tell this freaked her out so for the next minute or two she covered her head until we convinced her to fly again.

Today I decided to put her hair up into pig tails. They looked adorable until one of them popped after the flying carpet ride. The OCD part of me quickly kicked in and I high tailed it to any shop I could to find a rubber band. I finally went to one store where they had these new rubber bands that are different shapes. Being our only option I bought them. That is where the neon green ponies came in.

Apparently the rubber band things I bought are the newest things for young kids to trade and they are not actual rubber bands for papers and things they are actual intented for use as a bracelet. The kids will trade these in school with there friends. At some schools they became such a problem they were band. Who knew I was actually hip for a brief moment.

Swiss Family Robinson tree...Good workout. Didn't realize how many stairs we would be climbing. Thankfully, Kaylie loved it. She enjoyed looking at everything and tried to be "Miss Independent" when it came to climbing the stairs. She did great.

Very high up but I promise I was holding her incredibly tight. She wasn't going anywhere.

One of Jason's other favorites from his past was the TIKI room. We were pretty sure she was going to like this and thankfully she did. Once she got past all the birds talking she started to enjoy the music and the lights.

Since the last time we were there they change the two main characters. Now they use the two main birds from Lion King and Aladdin. They work well together.

Right after the TIKI room we were able to use our fast passes to do the Jungle Cruise. Kaylie enjoyed this but Jason and I enjoyed it much more due to the drivers commentary. She made a lot of cute jokes that always had something to do with what we were looking at. Above the little one's heads but I sat their cracking up. I am amused easily.

Elephants on the Jungle Cruise. Not real but pretty realistic. All of the animation on this ride was very well done. I couldn't believe I had never been on this one before.

Definitely a good ride. Highly recommend it.
You like her sunglasses. The lady taking in the picture stop to let us know they were upside down. We caught her off guard when we told her we knew. It was her signature look for the trip.
At this point we had seen everything else we wanted to see and decided to use our park hopper passes to go to EPCOT for lunch. We knew it would be hard to get into the restaurant we wanted to if we didn't go early so off we went.
We hopped onto the Monorail and after about 15 minutes we were there. It was an easy transition from one to the other. Right after we got in Jason went over to the Test Track to get our fast pass tickets while I went over to the Coral Reef restaurant. This was a good idea except for the fact that they wouldn't take our name until we were all there. Thankfully, we only waited for five minutes.

Blurry but still love it. I love Kaylie's smile in the back ground. At first she wanted out of the picture and at the last minute she jumped in. Even if she is the reason it was blurry it made the picture perfect.

The picture is actually a little deceiving. We were pretty close to the tanks and could see everything swimming by. It was so much fun to spot all of the different things they had in there. Great restaurant for kids but if you go in the evening you need a reservation. That is why lunch worked well for us.

The fish in the window is 300 lbs. Biggest on in the tank.

During lunch Kaylie had been so good we decided to give her a special treat. As a kid I grew up with these rings that you could adjust according to size. With a lot of adjusting and some very sore fingers Kaylie enjoyed four out of five of the princess rings. The fifth one was lost between the seat before she could get it on. By the end of the trip I am pretty sure we made it home with 3 of them. Not too bad considering how small they are.

After lunch we did the Finding Nemo. This was nice but nothing that would make me have to ride it again. Kaylie enjoyed the sea shells we got to ride in.

After that we went to the show by Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo. This was an interactive show where this animated turtle is on the screen with a guy in the back that could not be seen. He would pick kids in the audience, have them ask a question and then provide answers. Jason and I laughed the entire time. Definitely well done. Even though the jokes were over Kaylie's head she enjoyed watching the turtle move back and forth.

The last thing we did at EPCOT was the Test Track. This one took awhile to wait in line even with a fast pass but it was worth it.

That was about it for EPCOT. We were hungry and hot so we decided with nothing else we really wanted to do there we would head over to the Hollywood Studios for the remainder of the day.
The entrance to Hollywood studios. She must have been in a good mood today because we got some pretty good smiles out of her. Finally adjusted to the day to day schedule filled with running around.
A pic from farther back so you could get the entire part of Mickey's magic hat.

After snack time we waited in line to make the last showing of the Disney Playhouse show. We would have had to come back to the studios if we missed this because it turned out to be one of her absolute favorite things.

She sat so well. She was definitely into it!

The theme centered around Mickey's Playhouse but it incorporated other Disney shows as well. It was very nicely done for a kids show.

All they had to do was turn the board and the next set for the next show would appear. If you do not know much about Disney shows this his Handy Manny. Kaylie knows what the show is but doesn't watch it.

Bubbles...she was in heaven at this point.

She is yelling for the Mouska Tools.

Up dancing and clapping.

Beauty and the Beast...we also caught the last showing of this. They have changed it since the last time we were there and even though I liked it I didn't LOVE it like I used to.

I was shocked to see how interested Kaylie was to watch the show. She pretty much stood there the entire time. I am coming to the conclusion she will be our musical child.

Right after this Jason and I ran over to the Rock N Roller coaster to see if we could ride it before going over to the Litte Mermaid show before it was time to leave the park. This had to be my all time favorite ride. It is so ridiculisly intense. You go from 0 to 60 in about a sec. When I got off of it all I could do was say..."wow."

Since the Studios closed at 6 and we were exhausted we decided to head back to the hotel and try and eat at the hotel resturant. Thankfully it was only a five minute wait because we were starving.
As you can tell from some of the pictures this resturant was very contryish. At one point they gave all of the kids these horsies to run around the resturant. Definitely provided a fun atomosphere.

I was shocked at how willing she was to do this. At first she didn't want to go around the resturant but once she had daddy in tow she was off.

Funny thing about the resturant. As you can tell they keep people laughing. One of the ways they do it is by keeping the condiments off the table such as ketchup, mustard, and jellies so that the customers are forced to stand up and yell, "I need ketchup." At that point all of the kids that have ketchup...usually the table that needed it before...takes all they have and run it over to them. It is a great way to get the kids moving. I gaurentee they regret needing it because after they ask they may end up with 10 or more bottles of ketchup. Definitly a cute touch.

The Hokey Pokey...Little Miss didn't want to do it until I had her do it with the waitress. Then she did a great job at trying to do what everyone

Another reason I think she will be musical...She is playing the fork like it is a trumpet.

When we got home we snuck in to surpise her animals who were having a staff meeting on who was going to get to sleep with Kaylie that night. As usual Meow Meow and Ruff Ruff always seem to win.

She is providing her 2 cents. After she told them her choices Mickey decided to console her baby doll who would most likely be left out yet again.

I love this picture. So sweet and innocent.

No comments: