The day of her birthday was incredibly busy. We woke up and she decided she wasn't in the mood to swim. Not really wanting her to get her hair wet I was fine with that. We got dressed, headed to dance and then Chick Fil A and Target to get her cupcakes. After school is when the real fun began.
Instead of a cake I had Kaylie help me make her favorite brownie treat. She loves to help cook and she loves brownies so I knew this would be an absolute hit. Afterwards I had her help me decorate. When we first picked out a theme she debated long and hard between Hello Kitty and Barbie. Hello Kitty ended up winning but a few days before her party she got back on a Barbie kick. Giving in we ended up surprising her with some Barbie balloons and a few decorations for our house on the day of. We didn't use most of the Hello Kitty things we had gotten for her party so with the money we saved from that we felt we could do that. She loved it.
For dinner mommy and daddy surprised her with her favorite pizza from Chicago St. For previous birthdays we haven't had to think about surprising her with a special meal because she didn't eat much. We realized this the morning of and she couldn't have been more excited. She is definitely my daughter when it comes to her love of pizza. If you watched her eat her pizza you would never know she had a feeding disorder.
To finish out the night we had birthday brownies, opened presents, and played a little before tucking our little four year old in bed. She had a great day and was truly exhausted. Happy birthday baby girl!
Before we left for school I was able to take an "I'm 4" picture.
I know she is somewhat hidden in this picture but I still think it is incredibly sweet.
While she waited for her brownies to bake she decided to do a little redecorating. By the time she was done I had ribbon all over the floor.
On a random note...her Nonna made her and I matching aprons. She asks for it every time we are cooking.
Right when she heard the garage door open she went and hide under the table so her daddy would have to look for her. This would be a good place to hide if it wasn't for the fact that she couldn't stop giggling.
Had to have the blowers. I guess if she was going to request a "must have" $2 party blowers are the things to ask for.
Sharing a loving moment with her daddy before shoveling another piece of brownie in her mouth.

No comments:
Post a Comment