For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa

On Friday Kaylie and several friends from our play group decided to go to the Color Me Mine studio for Paint Me a Picture with Santa. Santa reads you a story, the kids paint and ornament, decorate a cookie, and then make a plate where their hand goes on top of Santa's. It will make for a great keepsake. After they were done Santa had kids come and talk to them to tell them what they wanted.

Even though Santa was very sweet and loving Kaylie wanted nothing to do with him. We had to sit as far back as we could and at some points that didn't seem far enough away. Thankfully, she finally came around...never mind the fact it took almost an hour. Overall, I am thrilled we got the picture with him even if I am in between them.

Kaylie and Macy shared the same feelings for Santa. They are happy at the end of the table.

Kaylie blowing me a kiss. She is getting better at this.

She did good actually catching it and slapping it on her face.
Hoping to get a picture with Santa somewhere in Kaylie's vicinity I asked Santa just to pop his head around the corner. That is ALL!!! He must not have gotten that memo.

Here is the minute Macy realized something was standing next to her. She was terrified. Kaylie followed suit and lost it.

Do you think she will hate me for this picture in the future?!?

Jason and I laughed that in the middle of screaming she kept painting

Santa read The Night Before Christmas.

This is to give you an idea of how far back we had to sit.

With a short attention span she quickly turned her attention to the paint brushes. These were a lot more interesting.

Plate painting. Santa's hand was in the middle and hers was going on top of it. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I was shocked she let the lady do all this. I thought she would flip when they painted her hand let alone take it and put it on the plate.

Once done with the plate they got to make a cookie. She had a great time with this. The only problem was they didn't have anything for her to stand on. She had to reach to get what she wanted.

I loved this picture. The icing looks gigantic in her hands.

What is up with the lip. She has been doing that a lot lately.

After a lot of prep and seeing all of her friends go she let me walk up to him without screaming. This is the only way we could do it.

An attempt to get her on his lap. It didn't work.

We knew we were in trouble when she didn't want to show Santa her Meow Meow. Thankfully, the fist bump came through. By the time we left she gave him a high five and a fist bump.
Once we were in the car she kept saying Santa, Santa...high five. She was so tired she passed out in a few minutes.

No comments: