For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Progress

So far things are moving along. On Tuesday Kaylie refused to eat anything other than her bottle so they decided to go ahead and put in a NG tube (feeding tube). This has helped take away her dependence on bottles and has allowed her to start taking in more solids. As of today she has taken in food at every feed and is starting to figure out the sippy cup. This is awesome. She has struggled to figure out how to suck on the sippy cup so it has been hard for her.

Today they started a form of music therapy. This will be used in conjunction with her occupational therapy as a way to help with her auditory processing. She has been delayed with her processing abilities making simple commands difficult for her to follow. This program is designed to teach her to filter out unnecessary noise and focus on the important things around her. It should also help to decrease her over stimulation. The hardest part to this program is the fact that she has to wear head phones. So far we have not had any luck with this. I think with time she will overcome this.

Overall, everything has been good. The worst part for all of us has been the feeding tube. Last night was the first night that it came out and putting it back in was traumatic. It got to the point where the nurse would try to put a piece of tape on it and she would scream bloody murder. I guess I can't blame her.

No comments: