For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Chunky Monkey

So far things are going well. Over the weekend Kaylie took in enough calories to take away her formula feed during her nap time and replaced it with Pedialyte. She is supposed to be taking in 24 oz. in addition to her food calories and this is one way they can do that.

Kaylie is starting to eat more types of food. Today she ate some tomato soup and some cream of chicken soup. I cringe at the thought of having to make tomato soup. Bleh! =)

Over the weekend Kaylie gained about a pound. On Friday she was roughly 7.4 kg and on Monday she was 7.9 kg. When weighed today she maintained that weight so they decided to decrease her night time continuous feed by 2 hours making it from 8 to 4.


Since the sippy cup is still a struggle they decided to try her on a Honey Bear. If I would have thought of this I could be a millionaire. All she has to do is squeeze its belly and liquid will come up through the straw. As I read up on this it said it was great for preemies that struggled with the transition from bottle to sippy.


Can you tell she is eating? She is wearing half of it. I think this would be peaches. I love her outfit. The title says my favorite things on it. The one that is covered up says "daddy." Can you guess who dressed her?


Here is a picture of the headphones and CD player they gave her for the listening therapy. Do you think they could be any bigger? The pack will start pulling her pants and her diaper down. Unfortunately, she is not to fond of the headphones so I was not able to get the greatest picture.


This is to show that duck tub saves the day yet again. If they offered I would become a duck tub spokes women. It is awesome!


Look at our chunky monkey. She has always had fat on her belly but now she has fat on her legs today. Even her feet have gotten fatter. I love it. It cracks me up to see her belly leading the way as she walks. Also, if you look in the picture you can see her baby lo-jack on her left ankle. This was put on all the in patient kids to keep them safe. I really think it was to keep track of her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaylie...Keep packing on the pounds! We love your little Chunky Monkey belly and legs! You are just adorable! I can't wait to squeeze on you next time I see you!!!! Lots of love!

Morrison Memories said...

I told you she was a chunky monkey.... just a few weeks too early! I am so proud of her. She definitely deserves a new toy (or two)!!

waysquared said...

I love the pictures, and Kaylie's doing great!

JessBless said...

YEA!!!!!!! It's so great that she is gaining weight so well. She looks adorable - totally squeezably adorable