After 3months, 2 weeks, and 1 day Kaylie Marie
Macmurphy has come home (6 lbs, 7 oz. 20 inches). We
were discharged at 11:30 and introduced Kaylie to the
outside world 10 minutes later. The look in her eyes
and on her face was irreplaceable. To see her take in
everything for the first time was the most precious
thing for a mother to experience. After seeing her
reaction it makes me appreciate even more the beauty
behind this crazy world God has created for us.
Jason and I can never say it it enough...thank you!!!!
Thank you for helping us make it through this!
Without all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers the
mountain we had to climb to get to the end might have
been impossible. Each and everyone of you has made a
difference in my life and for that I thank you.
A year ago today, Kaylie Marie Macmurphy left Plano Presby. to start a new chapter in her life. The first part is the email that I sent out right after Kaylie came home. I decided to include this because their are so many parts that I still feel the way I did when I wrote this.
Kaylie continues to amaze me. Her love for life is beautiful. Every time she experiences something new she always sits back and watches. No matter where you are she is always taking in the beauty that God has created. Her wonder and creativity never cease to amaze me. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to watch God's marvelous work at hand. Each day for her holds a new adventure.
The second part of this email is also still true. Without the support from our friends and family we would not have made it through this past year. It was by no means an easy year. In fact it was probably one of the hardest years of my life. We went through many ups and downs and through it all you were their to support us, love on us, and at times even carry us. We made it through this year because we are loved just as much as Kaylie and for that we thank you. I know that people wonder when we will get over what has happened. I wish I could say that I am over it but I do not think I will ever truly be over it. What I can say is that I am now at peace with it. September 1st was the last major milestone for me. Now I feel as if I can completely move on.
Here are some pictures from today. She loves her new car. Anytime you turn around she is sitting in it.

3 comments:
What a year it has been! I am so glad that God brought us together as friends and that our little girls are friends! You are someone I truly admire! You are an amazing mother and a wonderful friend! I hope you know that! Kaylie is so lucky to have you! God knew just what he was doing when he put the two of you together! Blessings to your family.
Hi Corrie! I saw your link on Hannah's blog. I am in awe of how amazing your spirit is..you are phenomenal! Kaylie is blessed to have you as her mother! Hugs to you!
May God continue to bless your family!
Hannah
Post a Comment