My child is afraid of crossing over the cracks in the sidewalk. Since she has just started walking I tend to put her down on the side walk while I get the mail. The first few time she has just stood there looking around. Today she actually started walking around. At first I thought she was trying to play and get away from me. As she walked away from me I followed and she quickly turned around and walked to the other side. This continued for several turns. I finally stood there and motioned for her to come to me but she turned yet again. As I watched her she went back and forth, back and forth. She turned around so many times she began to get flustered. I reached out for her, grabbed her hand and attempted to pull her towards me across the crack. She was so mad that I was trying to force her across this crack she sat down, threw herself on the floor and refused to move. All said and done I got her to cross over one crack. Even though it was somewhat strange I couldn't help but laugh. What did the cracks in the sidewalk ever do to her?!?
In other news...Jason took Kaylie to get allergy tested. After everything we went through the first time I was done. We ended up doing the skin testing. Surprisingly, this was nothing compared to the blood testing. All said and done she is not allergic to anything they tested for. We were not able to test for the dyes or the citrus. We are going to test for that on our own. Of course, this news is good but I can't help but ask myself, "now what?" I so badly what to know what I can do to get her over this feeding and weight issue. I just don't want her to have to go through anything that is unnecessary. At this point, I think I will have the doctor put her back on prevacid until we see him in a few weeks.
Teeth...She now has 5 teeth. She looks absolutely adorable. She has one on the bottom and 4 on the top. Unless she smiles it is hard to see the top ones. They are huge but are not all the way in making it look like she only has one tooth. With all of this we are pretty sure this has been part of why she has not been eating. Yesterday and today she has drank a good amount of her bottle. This is great. Hopefully, this will help her put on some weight. I have started pulling back out some of her 3 to 6 month winter clothes and even though she has not surpassed this size in weight we are starting to grow out of them in height. I think I will have to invest in adjustable pants.
My hand...When I put my hand down for Kaylie she will grab it and walk with me. Jason and I try to let her walk more than being carried. I find that I have so much more patience than I used to. Before I had kids I couldn't have imagined walking at a snails pace so my baby girl could get practice in following someone else.
Speech...In the last few days Kaylie has started talking like crazy. Although she is not saying any words her sounds have grown significantly. Before she was only saying her basic sounds putting her at a 6 to 9 month for communication. She was not able to understand simple commands and smiled when ever you told her to do something. Now she understands, "come here" and "no no." Even though everything is da da she uses different sounds for different things. When Jason comes home she will stand up and walk towards the door whispering da da. She then stands their patiently with the dogs for Jason to com in. When she sees the dogs it is more of a dah dah with an "h" sound. How cute!
Motor...Kaylie is doing fantastically well with her motor skills. In October we are going to discontinue her occupational therapy goals putting the major threat of cerebral palsy behind us. Even if she did have it it is so mild it is not even worth checking for it. She has come so far. The last few days Kaylie has loved waving to any one including houses as we drive by in her pink car. Usually she will do it when you are not looking. The minute you turn back around she stops.
Dancing...The last few days Kaylie has started to dance. When I got to daycare today they told me to look in the window. All of the babies were staring at their teacher. Several were dancing but Kaylie was DANCING!!!! She was bopping up and down while clapping. When she gets really excited she stick her bottom out, leans down and bobs. I am going to try and get a video for you to see.
Overall, I have to say things are going well. We are praying for a weekend free of illness. At least one person in our family has been sick for the past month. I am ready for a break.
上 蒼い子 777527-蒼い子
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment