It is not unusual for certain things to take Kaylie awhile to get comfortable adjusting too. Last year I had thought we had finally broken the fear of splash parks being that she is able to take showers and get water in her face. I knew being her first time at a splash park since last summer I really didn't know what to expect. I had hoped it would be great but I never know with her. At first it was not something she wanted anything to do with. I remembered her pail which helped a little. Since Ms. Molly was there with KT and Nolan that helped some as well but she pretty much attached herself to Molly and wouldn't leave her alone. Once we figured out to make them race the fear was broken. The raced all over. That was the end of her fearfulness. Once a few more of our friends showed up we couldn't stop her. I was most impressed when she actually stood under the big buckets of water and waited for them to fall. We have come a long way.
My favorite things about these pictures is the look on her face. She gave us many classic looks. The other funny...for some reason she thought her pail would protect her from the water. Not so sure about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment