In celebration of this momentous occasion I must take the opportunity to brag on my little one. In less than a week she has gained 2 oz. shy of a pound making her a whooping 16lbs 9oz. The doctor and I were in shock. I figured she had gained some weight but almost a pound?!? I couldn't believe it. Hopefully, this is the end of a vicious cycle. He told me this was a good thing because if she had not gained adequate weight this time around he was planning on putting her back on a feeding tube. I think she responds well to these threats. She always seems to come through at the last minute. Thanks for every ones thoughts and prayers. They definitely helped.
Kaylie started in the young toddler 1 room at daycare on Monday. She acts like she has been there for months. She slept perfectly on her little cot on day one and loves going out for recess. They told me she enjoys going over to the little house and playing in it. She sits at a table with little bitty chairs and enjoys circle time. I thought she would try to run around the room during this but according to the others she sits and listens. They even have her doing craft projects that she is actually doing her self. Before I did not keep anything because I know she did not do it but now I have some beautiful refrigerator art. I love my speckled dog. It is true art.
In celebration of this weight gain I treated myself by finally pulling the tags off her 6 to 9 month clothes and washing them. I can't wait to see her in her new attire.

1 comment:
Way to go Kaylie!!
Post a Comment