For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finally

After 8 months of trying to convince others I can finally say I am not going crazy. Even though some may still disagree =) it has been confirmed. On Thursday I went in for a minor procedure called laprescopy. They make an incision under my belly button, one below that along my c-section line and one to the left of that. From there they were planning on sticking a camera in to just "explore". Up To this point I have had many tests in an attempt to figure out why I have pain on my right side of my body. After my c-section I continued to have an aching pain that would come and go and no one could figure out the problem. I had two ct scans to check my appendix, kidneys, liver, gall bladder etc. and everything came back negative. That is when my ob decided it was time to explore. My bet was that it was scar tissue. I had been saying that all along but had to rule everything else out before hand so finally she agreed to it. During my procedure I was put under. I hate that. They tell you to move to the table and then your done. Before you know it you are waking up from so ridiculously weird dream forgetting for a second where you are and saying things that do not make any sense. When I came to the first thing I asked the nurse was..."What time is it?" If nothing was wrong with me the procedure would have been 15 minutes and I would have been done. If something was wrong they would fix it right then and there making the procedure last longer. It was 9:20am so I asked what was wrong. The surgery started around 8:00. All she knew was that I had lesions. Phew! I am not crazy. What a relief! After I got home I spoke with my doctor. She told me that my bowels and abdomen were stuck to the scar tissue. When the put the camera in they could not see anything. Once the detached that they put a lining over it to prevent it from happening again. Thank goodness! At least now I have a answer. Hopefully now I can heal and move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I have just spent like an hour glued to your blog. I found you through Laura.. the March of Dimes thing tweeked my interest as I was reading to catch up on your life and the calender at the top for Kaylie threw me off and then as I read.... oh my goodness!!!! What a traumatic, stressful, but blessed year for you! Kaylie is a doll! Glad to see things are going well for you and your family.